Sunday 15 February 2015

Institution Title Sequence

I decided to make my own institution for the production company of my film as I think it will appear more unique and it is unlikely that a large institution such as warner bros. will be producing a short film. I brainstormed some ideas of company names:

  • Static Productions
  • Revolution Productions
  • Time Out Productions
  • Epic Pictures
  • New Light Pictures

My final choice was Revolution Productions as I think this portrays the idea of a new and unique short film. The production company only produces films that are exciting and unseen before, making it more exciting for the audience. Knowing the name I then moved on to creating an opening title for the beginning of my short film. To do this I downloaded a trial of Adobe After Effects and used a tutorial from youtube of how to create a title animation. I found After Effects hard to work with as it was fairly slow and complicated even following the tutorial. Also to get the best effects you needed to buy add ons so my work didn't come out how I hoped because I needed to improvise using what the software provided.

This was the tutorial I followed to create the title. I found it very helpful even though the software was difficult to work with.


I created the image myself to give the effect of light being blocked by a hazy cloud. For this I used a lens flare effect and distorted it using curves and other editing techniques. Then I added a layer containing my text which I made online and then added the music I found on freesound.org so create the idea of lightening. This took a long time to create as I found the software difficult to use with it being my first time trying it. However I am happy with the overall effect and title sequence that I created.

As I wanted some animation on the sequence I finally used Windows Movie Maker to add a simple zoom and the sound which I decided would be lighterning to fit in with the image. Windows Movie Maker was very easy to use to add these final touches to the animation.



This is the final outcome for the institution title sequence I created.



No comments:

Post a Comment