Thursday 12 February 2015

Film Poster Planning: Billing Block

A billing block usually features at the bottom or top of a film poster. It contains the credits given for the creation of the film. I think it is important that all aspects of my poster look authentic so I will create my own billing block. For inspiration I have found some from the internet to ensure I know the conventions of billing blocks and what to include.



All of these billing blocks have similar conventions. There is varying font size used when it states roles and names to make the names stand out more and create diversity so it looks less uniformed. Also the fonts style is the same in all of them giving me a clear idea of what font styles work in billing blocks. The colours are all back and white which is useful as I know not to over complicate the billing block, it needs to be more subtle and not take the focus from the main features of the poster. At the very bottom there are also other features such as the film website, institutes that have endorsed/produced the film along with the rating for the film.

Planning my billing block:

  • Production Company - Revolution Productions
  • Starring - Charlotte Liggins and Will Harris
  • Music - 2hear/turkitron/PacmanGamer/DirtyJewbs
  • Casting Director - LG & Co.
  • Costume Design - LG & Co.
  • Editing - Lucy Stafford
  • Written by - Lucy Stafford
  • Produced by - Revolution Productions
  • Directed by - Lucy Stafford
My billing block:
This is my final billing block that I created. To do this I typed everything out on word and changed the font and sizing to make it look professional and to give the look of a real billing block that would be used on a real produced film. To the bottom I added the website for the film in a standard bold font I think this stands out well form the rest of the billing block which is important for the audience so they know where to get more information on the film. I also included my production company that I made and an already existing production company as every billing block seems to have more than one institution in it. Then finally there is the rating that i think my film would receive as this is often a common feature of billing blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment