Tuesday 10 February 2015

Film Poster Planning: Font

This is the first option for the text in my film poster. I want to keep the style similar to what features in the first scene of my film, I think this keeps continuity and creates a set house style for this film. I like this font but I don't think it fits in at all with the genre of film and the content. I also think that it won't be bold enough if I used it in my film poster. I need a font that will stand out strongly so it lures the audience and I don't think this font would work well.

I prefer this font because it is a lot bolder. It still uses a similar style to the one in my film which is important. I think the boldness of this font will make it stand out clearly in the film poster. I also like the font style because the lines aren't perfectly straight which makes it appear less clean and gives a distressed effect.

This final font is my favourite. It still has the typewriter style that I think is important to keep the house style of my film. The lettering is also very bold ensuring that it will stand out. I think the best thing about this font style is the distressed look to it. It isn't overly distressed so is still readable but that slight effect on the style embodies the horror theme and hints at the distressing narrative of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment