Thursday 12 February 2015

Editing My Film

The editing of my short film has been one of the most important parts of the making of it. This is where I was able to see my narrative come to life and create the effect I wanted through the film. I wanted to create something slightly jumpy with focusing my editing skills on cutting. The music was also important layer on the correct scenes as I have used a varied amount of sound and music.

Software has created a slight issue for me as it would've been ideal to use iMovie but I do not have access to this. I also found that the editing software provided on the computers at my school (Adobe Elements) was very hard to work with due to constant freezing and it taking a lot longer to get things right. It didn't play my film in real time when I had edited so I had no way of knowing if what I had cut out was correct.

I decided to complete all of my editing at home using Windows Live Movie Maker. Although this is considered to be amateur I found it the easiest to work with as it is very simple to grasp and played my film in real time so I knew exactly what I was cutting. The only issue I have had with this software is the lack of variation for editing the actual image for example contrast and brightness, I may use a different software to do this later on in my work. Overall I think this has been the best way to edit my film.


No comments:

Post a Comment